[lug] @INC problems

rm at mamma.varadinet.de rm at mamma.varadinet.de
Tue Oct 31 06:43:29 MST 2000

On Tue, Oct 31, 2000 at 12:08:25AM -0700, Tkil wrote:

> i'm about to crash, so this might not be coherent,

i know _that_ state of mind :-)

> but again: note
> that the permissions on neomail.conf do NOT allow "nobody" to read
> them!  they are 750, owned by root, group mail -- unless you have
> something strange going on (maybe "nobody" is a member of group mail?
> sounds like a bad idea to me, but then again, i'm not thinking
> horribly clearly right now.)

Yes, i just downloaded neomail to help John and read the INSTALL.
Tsk, tsk, tsk ... they need the webserver UID to be in the group
of trusted mail users--holly cow! That's definitely not the most
sercurity aware program. Anyway, down from the soap box ...

John, what version of meomail are you trying to install?
There seem to be different aproaches to the setting of permissions
in 1.1.n and 1.2.n (which is clearly marked as 'pre'! Don't run
beta software unless you know what you do (and can debug whatever
shows up)).

What happens if you replace

  require "neomail.conf";

with

  open NM, "@@@NEOMAILDIR@@@/neomail.conf" or die "Ups $!\n";
  do "@@@NEOMAILDIR@@@/neomail.conf";

in 'neomail.template' and run the installation again?
(here we check whether neomaol.conf is readable by the
perl interpreter).

Ralf