[lug] How do you run a logout script under Gnome?

J. Wayde Allen wallen at lug.boulder.co.us
Tue Oct 31 08:37:54 MST 2000

On Mon, 30 Oct 2000, Sean Reifschneider wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 30, 2000 at 10:19:21PM -0700, Glenn Murray wrote:
> >I put a few lines into my .bash_logout file, but
> >when I logout via the Gnome panel they are ignored.
>
> Well, as the name implies, that's only called when you log out of a
> "bash" session.  At one point I was able to muck around in /etc/X11
> and make it so that X was run under ssh-agent.  You should be able
> to do something similar if you are using GDM/XDM.

There should be a GDM config directory.  On my Debian system it is
/etc/gdm.  Inside this there are several subdirectories, and I think that
what you are looking for is /etc/gdm/PostSession.  On my machine, there is
a /etc/gdm/PostSession/Default file that is executed when you close a
session.  For more info take a look at the man page (man gdm).

- Wayde
  (wallen at lug.boulder.co.us)