[lug] noapic option

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Tue Oct 31 15:40:20 MST 2000

Somewhere you already mentioned it is a dual PPro, so the i840 chipset
will be irrelevant. But much of the noapic news lately has been people
trying to get the i840 chipset to work, which is incompatible with linux
(thus noapic is required for stability). If anyone here shops for a new
SMP board, avoid i840, it is broken.