[lug] noapic option

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Wed Nov 1 14:01:49 MST 2000

The apic is irrelevant to uniprocessor, it automatically does not use
it. Though I doubt it harms anything. Whatever problems are still left,
you can be fairly sure it is not an apic problem if the UP kernel still
has problems. In the case of SMP with noapic, I have a feeling that some
characteristics of spinlocks, used in the kernel, and possibly used in
some programs, might misbehave...although rarely.