[lug] OT: capturing network data on Solaris

matthew.w.mcillece at lmco.com matthew.w.mcillece at lmco.com
Thu Nov 2 14:10:00 MST 2000

Can anyone recommend a tool for Solaris (and preferably from Sun) to capture the data in a TCP packet?  We're troubleshooting a communication problem between a Solaris box and a single board computer.  Our system admin ran snoop with the verbose option for us, but all it showed us were the packet headers and not the data itself.  I found ethereal, but it is apparently from a third party and would prefer to stick with something from Sun.  I searched www.sun.com and docs.sun.com for libpcap, netcat, and ethereal and nothing came up.