[lug] OT: capturing network data on Solaris

Rodger Wilson {I/O Software} Rodger.Wilson at central.sun.com
Thu Nov 2 15:53:42 MST 2000

I don't work in that area, and my suggestion may not seem that feasible.  But
this is what I would do if I were you.  Place a static variable in the driver,
that when turned on via /etc/system or adb would do a hex dump of the wanted
data via a call to cmn_err (CE_NOTE, "...",...);

Also you could find the symbols of the driver that you are using via nm.  Then
crash the system when you think the data is in memory.  Then you should be able
to track down the infomation you are looking for in the core file.

     ____
    /___/\                      	Rodger Wilson
  /___\ \\ /         /~~\/\     	Target and SCSI Drivers
 /___/ \/ / /    /\ /    \ \_   	Sun Microsystems, Inc.
\___\//\   / /       \      \   	DIRECT: (303) 272-8252
  \___/ \\ \      ___________   	CELL:   (303) 910-3073
    \___\/

-- last message --