[lug] BLUG administration in 2001

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Fri Nov 3 11:06:00 MST 2000

Thus spoke J. Wayde Allen
> Only one reply?  Isn't there any interest in discussing what the BLUG
> should do in 2001?  At this level of interest, I'm wondering if we should
> keep the group going or not?

Don't let lack of administrative feedback get you down Wayde.  As I've
discovered for CLIQ, most people are lurkers and users, but not active
participants.  It's not that they aren't interested, but they don't have
either the time or interest to get too deeply involved with the organizational
aspects.  They prefer to have someone lead - they'll happily follow if you
do so.  So I think you're fine they way you manage things now as long as
you still have the time and energy for it.

> great.  If not, hey ... nothing will change if you don't say anything.

Chances are they probably appreciate it the way things are.  I haven't been
to a meeting in a while (hard to do from Houston :-), but as long as
attendence isn't waning I think you're probaby doing fine.

> This might be worth a try.  However, we still need to figure out what
> "tasks" the group wants to take on this year.  Some things that will be
> coming up are:
>
>    - Install Fests?

This seems to be a popular item.  If IBM comes through with the loaner
boxes it might be worth scheduling a couple during the year.

>    - The Colorado Linux Info Quest <http://www.thecliq.org/>

We're still moving along towards a March 30th event.  We've got a couple of
speakers lined up and some serious interest from some big name companies as
sponsors.  With luck, I'll have some major announcements on this front
within the next week.

LUG participation at a booth will be welcome just as it was last year.  If
the LUGs would like to do anything special they just need to let us know
about it so we can see what we can arrange.  Loaner equipment for demos may
be a possibility.

--
Michael J. Hammel                               The Graphics Muse
mjhammel at graphics-muse.org                      http://www.graphics-muse.com