[lug] BLUG administration in 2001

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Fri Nov 3 15:41:08 MST 2000

"Scott A. Herod" wrote:

> Can you be more specific?  I've done some rendering on linux (mainly
> to see how far I could push code that I'd developed for high-end SGIs).

I'm interested in most display and visualization systems for linux. SGI
is actually something that comes to mind when I think of the more
interesting things. It's a place where linux is just now becoming much
faster and better at. One of my bigger interests is in OpenGL display of
any kind of physics simulation.

Right now I'm involved with a game project that is in bad need of a
total rewrite of many parts of it...it is currently going through a
massive overhaul, which will end up going to OpenGL when done (this is
just for fun). I like to hear about tips and tricks and new features
within linux that might help such things.