[lug] BLUG administration in 2001

J. Wayde Allen wallen at lug.boulder.co.us
Fri Nov 3 16:13:13 MST 2000

On Fri, 3 Nov 2000, Atkinson, Chip wrote:

> I was thinking along the lines of a tool-talk fest.  There would be, say, 10
> speakers, each of which would give a 5 minute presentation.
>
> However, what I think you are asking, where there was a brief 5-10 minute
> presentation on a handy tool at a meeting as a more or less regular feature
> of a meeting would be a good idea too.  The first idea may be a little too
> restrictive in that the audience may miss so much and not have much time to
> digest things well enough.

A few years back we did the 10 minute demo/discussion of individual
utilities or tools.  It worked pretty well, but we had a bit of trouble
keeping these discussions inside the 10 minute window.  I started getting
complaints about meetings running too long.

I'm certainly game to try either approach again though.  Anyone want to do
a 10 minute or less introduction to a Linux program or tool at next week's
meeting or does someone want to create a one night Linux tool-talk?  Which
do you guys think would work the best?

- Wayde
  (wallen at lug.boulder.co.us)