[lug] BLUG administration in 2001

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Fri Nov 3 17:35:13 MST 2000

"Scott A. Herod" wrote:

> Hmmm, ok.  Actually, I believe that I will be talking at the December
> meeting (although it's not up on the BLUG website yet).  The talk
> is intended to be about video and audio in linux but since that is
> such a huge subject, I was going to ask on the mailing list after
> next week's meeting to see what specifics people might like me to
> touch on, i.e. what types of things people are interested in doing
> with video (predominately) and audio in linux.  Since my own joy is
> visual simulation, I could be easily pushed to emphasize how one can
> accomplish some of that in linux.

I'll push. I find visual simulation to be one of the most interesting
topics. Right now the hardware and software for such is just starting to
work out on linux, mostly due to the X 4.x with DRI. I would love to see
examples of how far it could be taken with current tech, compared to
something like SGI.