[lug] BLUG administration in 2001

Alan Robertson alanr at suse.com
Sun Nov 5 10:21:01 MST 2000

Walter Pienciak wrote:

> I don't get to many of the meetings (4, I think, in the
> 2 years since I've moved here?  Ow.), but that's not due to any
> problem with the group's administration, but rather that my
> schedule is a train wreck.

I have the same problem.  Whenever anyone asks how to get started with
Linux, I always tell them "Contact your local LUG, show up at meetings, and
get on their mailing list".  The BLUG is the best Linux resource I know of
for Linux users (outside SuSE internal mailing lists, of course).

> The meetings I have gotten to, I've been very satisfied with.
> (So much so that I always go home shaking my head and muttering
> "I really have to get to more of these.")  They're organized,
> interesting, I always learn something useful, and the group clearly
> is healthy.  In fact, I'd have to say that it's the best-organized
> "club-type" group I've seen.

I perfectly agree every word of this too.  It seems that at least half the
meetings I'm out of town - even though I'm only travelling about 1
week/month - bad timing I suppose.  Right now I'm at DIO on my way to SuSE
headquarters in Germany.  So, I'll miss this one too  :-(

[Wayde, please accept a round of virtual applause!!  Alan stands and and
gives Wayde a standing ovation. People at the airport look at him
strangely.  ]

I am intrigued by the "research project" suggestion though.  I always have
many research projects I'd like to see done.  How  many members of the LUG
would be interested in participating, do you suppose...

	-- Alan Robertson
	   alanr at suse.com [racking up frequent flyer miles]