[lug] LILO and Windows Safe Mode

David Morris boru at frii.com
Mon Nov 6 00:33:25 MST 2000

Windows 95, 98, 98se, and ME, all allow you to use the F8 key to view
startup options.  All of these options can be accessed directly using
other function keys, but it is simplest to use F8 to bring up the
menu.  The function key must be pressed during the two seconds while
the message "Starting Windows..." is being displayed (or something
similar) just before the "cloud" screen.

Note that this is likely not a LILO/LINUX problem, but rather a
problem with a windows driver....though with windows, almost anything
is possible.

--David