[lug] OT -- any recommendations for getting into network/systems security positions?

celttechie (Brian Jarrett) celttechie at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 6 09:54:47 MST 2000

Hello all,

I know this is not directly related to Linux but know many of you may be able to give me some ideas.  I would like to start moving my career into the area of network and systems security.  I am currently doing it on a limited basis at a small (<40 employees) company but want to get deeper into security/networking issues which I can't explore at this company.  If you have any suggestions how to make it into more of a WAN environment where I can focus on getting more experience in these areas, please let me know.  (I am planning on getting the CCNA and CCNP certifications, but am trying to find the best way to do this as well since my cash resources are limited.)

Please respond directly to mailto:celttechie at yahoo.com so the email list doesn't get flooded.  If anyone else is looking for this information, I'll try to compile and pass along  what has been sent to me -- just drop me a line.

Brian Jarrett