[lug] Speakeasy IDSL

John Starkey jstarkey at advancecreations.com
Wed Nov 8 15:50:15 MST 2000

Speakeasy is a great company to deal with. Pete (business sales) is very
receptive. I got some answers like "ATT doesn't deal with Covad because
ATT isn't a major carrier" from residential sales. So I wouldn't go to
them for too much help.

Speakeasy actually uses IM to communicate inter-office. Pete didn't know
the answer to an IP@ question I had so he IM'd the techs and answered it
in seconds.

I finally cancelled the order with them after Qwest moved my provisioning
date back three times. Making it 40 days total. If you can get around that
maybe you'll be ok. I use ATT as my line so it could be the Qwest-ATT
issue. I had to change my phone number because Qwest wouldn't release it
to ATT saying it's a megabit line. I'm at 20,000 ft.