[lug] OT: what is Solaris version on /etc/ld.so.conf?

Andrew Diederich andrew at NETdelivery.com
Thu Nov 9 15:26:42 MST 2000

Dang solaris.  I was able to compile openldap 1.2.11 on solaris 8 with the
gdbm 1.8.0 library, but when I tried to start slapd I got a
# /usr/local/libexec/slapd -f slapd.conf
ld.so.1: /usr/local/libexec/slapd: fatal: libgdbm.so.2: open failed: No such
file or directory
Killed

Any ideas?  I tried setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH in the shell script that runs
the above command, but no joy.  When in the world is solaris going to become
Linux compatible????

--
    Andrew Diederich