[lug] Linux Puzzle Software

Kelly Ross Brock krbrock at pacbell.net
Fri Nov 10 00:10:33 MST 2000

Howdy Dan,

	This response is entirely your fault for me joining the e-mail list a
couple days ago.  =)

	Howdy to everyone else of course.

> > Maybe I am imagining this but does any one know of software
> that would
> > allow one to take an image and apply a filter such that the
> image would
> > appear to be a completed jigsaw puzzle?
> >
> > I was thinking that there might be an xv or Gimp filter,
> but I've seen
> > something like this and just can't remember...
>
> Are you possibly referring to embossing?

	Embossing is a technique used to impose 'bump mapping' on a 2D image.
Generally the output is a greyscale image that looks 'bumpy'.  I think you
were looking for the term Mosaic?

	Regards,

	KB