[lug] Vi notes

Atkinson, Chip CAtkinson at Circadence.com
Fri Nov 10 12:59:46 MST 2000

you can try remapping the keys to your preference.  I have no idea about the
dvorak keyboard, so I can't give you the correct mapping, but you can map
one key to the other.  For example, map g j will move the cursor down one
line when you press g in the command mode.  The g and j will still show up
as g and j when in insert mode.

One thing to consider though is that remapping certain keys may open a can
of worms.  For example, say you mapped i to j, i.e. map i j, then when you
tried to insert, you'd move the cursor down.  You will likely also have to
use the
set noremap option when remapping to a key that has another function.

The keys that are unused in vi are gKqVv ^A^K^O^T^W^X and _*\=

I have no idea what the fill-* functions are in emacs.  What are they?

Hope that helps a bit.
Chip