[lug] LILO becomes LI...

John Starkey jstarkey at advancecreations.com
Sat Nov 11 11:29:21 MST 2000

Ok. So I decide to use the RH6.1 CD to install X and several other things.
This is the first time I've used it in 6 months. And now I remember why.

Two questions:

I reboot and the LILO prompt hangs at "LI". I then reconfig'd and ran LILO
to bring it back to the pre-upgrade kernel. Ran mkinitrd. Then booted back
to the previous Kernel (2.2.17). I tried re-installing LILO. No changes.
Anyone know what may have caused this? Booting from floppy is fine and it
will boot to 2.2.17. I looked for stuff on the floppy to copy over but I
don't see what would make a difference.

Second question is-- I stopped using RPM because "rpm -i anything.rpm"
tells me "anything" is already installed. And rpm -q tells me it isn't.
"rpm --rebuilddb" still makes no difference. Is this a common problem with
a fix?

TIA,

John