[lug] VisualBasic'ish program and Linux (yikes!)

Ken Kinder ken at kenkinder.com
Sun Nov 12 17:55:50 MST 2000

Hey, I'm not into much non-web development work, but a friend of mine at work
is a big VB fan and wants something similar to Linux (something useable, not
vaporish) -- so far, I've referred him to Visual TCL, idle (for Python), Glade
(for C/C++/Perl/whatnot) and Cygnus's C++ tools.

Can anything think of a good high-level prototyping IDE for a high-level
language that's reasonably stable? I've been selling him on how great Python
is, so if you know of a good Python one (I haven't found anything but a Glade
Python generator, and wxWindows/wxDesigner, both of which need help), that
would be even better.

Any suggestions would be great.

Personally, I'm a big fan of pyGtk, but I think he's looking for a prototyping
system.

--
Ken Kinder
www.kenkinder.com