[lug] CD Oddity

Bonnell, Doug DBonnell at BreeceHill.com
Tue Nov 14 08:49:46 MST 2000

As random as it is, it sounds more like a hardware problem.

Is there a 'PLAY' button on the front of the drive? It might be
sticky. Also, you might be getting static discharges through
the front of the drive, this can cause the drive to think that a
PLAY button was pressed.

CompUSA was advertising a 52x CDROM drive for $35 with a
$15 rebate.

Doug Bonnell
Software Engineer
BreeceHill Technologies Inc.

"Do you suffer from long term memory loss?"
"I can't remember!"