[lug] cisco 675/ppp question

KoolMan koolman at h2net.net
Wed Nov 15 12:42:26 MST 2000

Well if you just asked for one static IP address then the router is gonna
get that address the wan0 or what ever on the router and the rest of your
computers on your network are gonna get a 10.0.0.2 - 10.0.0.254 your gonna
need to get static IP addressed for all you boxes and dissable dhcp and
probably reconfigure the router because the way that Qwest sends the router
it's acting as a Harware Firewall dividing the internet from your internal
network.. it's pretty pointless to get a static IP address just for the
router no much you can do there... you're gonna need IPs for the router and
each computer internal..

Your computers are still gonna use 10.0.0.1 as your default gateway because
that's the IP address for eth0 on the router that all your computers are
sending data to and then eth0 knows to router trafic to the other interface
which on my Cisco is like Wan0...