[Re: [lug] Hostname problem]

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Wed Nov 15 11:14:11 MST 2000

Justin wrote:

> This is a Redhat system and I'll cover all the basis that I've recieved in the
> other threads:
>
> [glowecon at oldschool sysconfig]$ cat network
> NETWORKING=yes
> FORWARD_IPV4=no
> HOSTNAME=oldschool
> GATEWAY=xxx.228.67.70
> GATEWAYDEV=

> [glowecon at oldschool glowecon]$ cat /etc/hosts
> 127.0.0.1       localhost.localdomain   localhost       oldschool

Try this, then do killall -HUP inetd (tells it to read init files again;
or you can restart inetd and logging via the /etc/rc.d/init.d scripts).
Change the above line to name oldschool first before the others:
127.0.0.1    oldschool   localhost.localdomain   localhost

You might need to restart logging as well to test this.