[lug] Redhat install lock up problems...

Kevin Fenzi kevin at tummy.com
Wed Nov 15 16:37:08 MST 2000

>>>>> "Warren" == "Warren Sanders" <sanders at montanalinux.org> writes:

Warren> I seem to remember having a similar type of problem.  It was
Warren> due to mounting any vfat partitions during install.  Two
Warren> things are, either don't mount vfat untill after installing or
Warren> get the fix for anaconda disk from RedHats updates.  Other
Warren> than that I'm not sure.

humm...I don't recall a vfat problem.
The anaconda update at http://www.redhat.com/support/errata/RHBA-2000-084-04.html
doesn't mention it. The problems it fixes are:

 - the installer would crash when doing a multi-CD install if
pre-existing partititions were specified as mount points

- ext2 labels were not being truncated properly when written out on a
new install, causing errors when trying to mount these partitions on a
reboot

- missing or corrupt RPMs were not clearly being reported during the
install process

BTW, the anaconda update is already in the krud-7 we released at the
beginning of the month. It's even in the boot image that the cd
uses. ;)

kevin
--

Warren> -- Warren Sanders http://MontanaLinux.Org