[lug] Re: Wireless pcmcia for linux

Tim Fredrick fredrick at acd.ucar.edu
Thu Nov 16 05:59:29 MST 2000

www.elinux.com has them for $186.99 (part number # 950171) and
PC Connection (www.pcconnection.com) for $169.95 (part number
158782.  I was really pleased that Redhat 7 had included support
for these adapters -- when I upgraded my notebook PC to Redhat 7
I was up and running on my home wireless network very quickly.
I run in an ad-hoc mode, but it might be interesting to try some
more secure way of allowing my server to be a wireless "access
point".

--Tim