[lug] KRUD Q

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Thu Nov 16 15:39:35 MST 2000

In my RH 6.2 I currently have egcs-2.91.66 (via egcs --version). On the
tummy.com package list for current KRUD distro, I see this:
egcs Version 1.1.2 Release 30

This seems to be some other form of version than running egcs --version,
so I can't tell how it compares to my current version.

My real question is this...with the snafu of RH 7's "2.96" release which
is not supported by the GNU team, and may produce binaries which are
incompatible with prior and later egcs binaries, will KRUD, when it
releases a version based on RH 7, go backwards in egcs version (and
libstdc++) to avoid this problem? Or has anything been decided yet?

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com