[lug] File size limit issue

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Fri Nov 17 23:43:05 MST 2000

On Fri, Nov 17, 2000 at 11:04:15PM -0700, Anders Knudsen wrote:
>can break this 2Gb barrier by a long shot.
>I found a possible solution, a kernel patch, called REISERFS.
>see www.namesys.com

I tested this before a BLUG a couple of months ago.  ReiserFS doesn't
allow you to write larger files.  Unless you use LFS (Large File Support)
in the application, you'll need to use an Alpha or other 64-bit platform?

You'll need to search t see if there's any LFS support for Samba.

Sean
--
 The structure of a system reflects the structure of the organization that
 built it.  -- Richard E. Fairley