[lug] Segmentation Fault.

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Sat Nov 18 10:34:30 MST 2000

John Starkey wrote:

> I'm sorry. I should have looked closer before replying to your last
> message. I wasn't sure how long you'd be available.
>
> The scenerio has changed a little also. I deleted the postgresql.jar from
> the install and grabbed one off a site I see referenced a lot (can't
> remember the URL, sorry).
>
> So the error I'm recieving now is an SQLException, Driver not found. the
> URL I'm using is "jdbc:postgresql:javatest".
>
> strace is showing /usr/local/pgsql/lib/lib* not found errors. And checking
> that dir I see that yeh, they aren't there. This is a standard 7.0.2
> install. I'm not passing any dir paths to java so it's aware of postgres
> now.
>
> One of the lib errors points out libungif.so.4 which is actually in
> /usr/lib. Is there a param I could specify that will change it's root? Or
> one that I need to fix?

If a library directory exists but is not being searched by the system,
you can add the directory to /etc/ld.so.conf; if the application wants
it in a specific place and it isn't there, you could add a symbolic link
from the real location to the spot it wants it to be in (personally I
think an app that demands a specific directory for lib files is kind of
lame). If you modify /etc/ld.so.conf, be sure to run ldconfig after to
tell it to update.