[lug] Netscape 4.76

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Tue Nov 21 16:26:09 MST 2000

I just updated my netscape-communicator to version 4.76. It says it
supports:
  This version supports U.S. security with RSA Public Key Cryptography,
  MD2, MD5, RC2-CBC, RC4, DES-CBC, DES-EDE3-CBC .

However, it doesn't specifically state "strong" encryption or 128 bit.
In the security parts of help, it also does not specifically say 128
bit. Does anyone know a means of specifically testing it for 128 bit on
a given SSL web page? In my old version 4.73 I believe I could do this
and know with certainty a given page had 128 bit encryption. I would
like to test not just my particular browser for the ability, but a given
page (clicking on the "lock" icon in the lower left while at an SSL page
does not seem to tell me exactly what encryption level is being used
anymore).

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com