[lug] Recovering using the RedHat CD?

Scott A. Herod herod at interact-tv.com
Wed Nov 22 13:48:12 MST 2000

Hello,

Slightly embarrassing question:  I've just run sndconfig on a new
machine that contains some rare sound hardware, and while sndconfig
reports that it found the hardware and wrote something into
/etc/conf.modules, the machine now fails to boot.  It freezes while
initializing sound.  Is there a way to mount the hard drive while
booting off the RedHat CD?  All I want to do is comment out a
line in /etc/conf.modules.  If not, I guess I can pull the drive
out and stick it in another box temporarily.

Thanks,

Scott