[lug] Announcement: Automatic mailing list archiving

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Wed Nov 22 23:04:25 MST 2000

We've been making some internal changes to our e-mail setup.  Evelyn asked
for a way to create an archive for the Zope mailing list...  I ended
up creating "autoarch", something which (combined with QMail, Python,
MHonArc, and PHP) will automaticly archive any mail sent to it.

Mail sent to "user-autoarch-listname" will automaticly create an archive
named "listname" and will set it up to be split monthly (though this can
be changed).  You don't even have to create the directories.

Basicly it's a more generic version of the archive I set up for BLUG,
minus the fancy mhonarc.rc file.

Check it out at ftp://ftp.tummy.com/pub/tummy/autoarch/

Sean
--
 "Smart...  Subtle...  And trickier than a bathtub full of jello." -- Blue