[lug] mounting cdrom

Hugh Brown hugh at math.byu.edu
Thu Nov 23 13:10:53 MST 2000

I am trying to get my cdrom to allow exec so I can run an install script
on the cdrom.  I unmounted the drive, changed fstab to

/dev/hdd                /cdrw             iso9660 exec,noauto,user,ro 0
0

it used to be (/dev/hdd  /cdrw   iso9660 noauto,user,ro 0 0).

When I remount I still get this:

/dev/hdd on /cdrw type iso9660 (ro,noexec,nosuid,nodev)

If I do a mount /dev/hdd -t iso9660 -o exec,ro /cdrw  then it does what
I want it to.

I'm assuming that some sort of security has been setup that won't allow
a cd to be mounted that allows executable content, but when I am root, I
should like to override it.

Ideas?

Hugh