[lug] Controlling Process Order/Timing

SoloCDM deedsmis at aculink.net
Sat Nov 25 17:55:16 MST 2000

I'm trying to force commands following each other in a script to
execute one at a time once the preceding command has finished.

I applied the command nice with the options to a list of commands and
didn't get the results I was seeking.  I'm aware that pidof, grep,
sed, and a few others can do the job, but not without a loop.

I'm looking for a command that has all the processing built-in without
"reinventing-the-wheel."

Note: When you reply to this message, please include
      the mailing list and my email address.