[lug] NNTP Proxy

Ian Hall-Beyer manuka at nerdherd.net
Sat Nov 25 19:48:35 MST 2000

Anyone know of something that will proxy NNTP?

I'm looking for something that I can run on my local server, but without
storing news locally. THe object of the exercise is to give me access to
my newsgroups while I'm on the road without having to seek out a news
server that will allow me to ocnnect from whatever random IP I happen to
be using at the time.

Ideally it would support username/password auth (NNTP), as well as SSL,
and then pass on all other nntp traffic to my ISP's news server, and send
the responses back through to my client.

any ideas?

-Ian

--

"The French language, which the French used to learn very well, did not
exist for the sake of conveying information, for communicating men's

				-- Allan Bloom
				   The Closing of The American Mind