[lug] default mail send agent

Atkinson, Chip CAtkinson at Circadence.com
Mon Nov 27 09:44:28 MST 2000

I think to detect the mta of a machine, you can connect to port 25 on the
machine and read the "header" information.  You can try telnetting to port
25 and seeing what it says to give you an idea of what to look for.

I'm not really sure why you'd need to know what the mta is for this
application though.  Just use SMTP, which is what "all" the mta's speak.

Chip