[lug] Via Tech. audio cards?

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Tue Nov 28 15:18:25 MST 2000

One thing about describing hardware, is that this is a description of
your onboard codec, not the sound card itself. You might want to take a
closer look at the sound card itself to find out what model it is. Just
guessing, the sb abbreviation probably means soundblaster.

Device or resource busy could mean that something else is already using
it, but when this occurs at bootup it more likely means that the
hardware has not been initialized. There is a strong possibility that
the io=0x220 or irq=7 or dma values are incorrect. To find out more
about this, you'll want to know if this is an isa slot card or pci; if
it is isa, see if it is plug-n-pray, or jumper set. If it is
plug-n-pray, go into your bios at bootup and be certain that the option
"o/s is plug-n-play aware" is set to NOT. Try again.