[lug] RFI -- Making a boot floppy under Slackware

B O'Fallon bof at americanisp.net
Tue Nov 28 15:38:34 MST 2000

John Karns wrote:

> Have you lookd at your BIOS setup to see what the boot device order is?  Most
> modern BIOS's provide the capability to select the precedence of
> devices on the system; e.g., A,C,CDROM.

My system is set up to boot CDROM, then floppy, then hard disk. It normally does
this, and in fact, does it with the boot disk created by Slackware at the time I
installed the program, as well as other boot disks I have used in the past. So I
know that there not a problem with the BIOS or such; the problem is that the
makebootdisk command is not making a valid bootdisk for some reason or the other.

Would someone else who uses Slackware 7.1 and who is willing to reboot their
system, please try the makebootdisk command and see if it makes an effective boot
disk for them? I am beginning to think that there is a bug in it.

Thanx.

Bo. O'Fallon