[lug] RFI -- Making a boot floppy under Slackware

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Tue Nov 28 15:50:24 MST 2000

Make another one, just to make sure also.

Some floppies just don't like to have binary images copied to them, and
dd doesn't catch bit errors very well on floppies.

There's lots of installation system coders who have notes about the
notoriously annoying "oops it turned out it was a bad floppy disk" in
their documentation.