[lug] Web scripts?

Tkil tkil at scrye.com
Tue Nov 28 18:44:09 MST 2000

>>>>> "Justin" == Justin  <glowecon at netscape.net> writes:

Justin> I am wondering what I would need in order to make a form or
Justin> something that a user can access via the web and change their
Justin> email/shell password.

   http://dmoz.org/Computers/Programming/Internet/CGI/Tutorials/

also, you're dealing with very sensitive data here; sending passwords
over naive forms means plaintext.  so you also need to look at using
ssl with your web server.

not to be too rude, but it sounds like you need to read a lot more
background material, build some non-sensitive (e.g. read-only!) cgi
scripts, read Bruce Schneier's _Applied Cryptography_ 2nd ed [and all
the cryptograms for the last year, and the LWN CGI vulnerability
updates, etc].

at that point, you might start looking at writing this script
yourself.

t.