[lug] file not found/incompatibility problem(s)

Atkinson, Chip CAtkinson at Circadence.com
Wed Nov 29 09:16:02 MST 2000

Greetings,

Last night I was trying to get the binary version of xvscan working on a new
7.0 KRUD installation and kept getting the weirdest error.  It would say
"/usr/local/bin/xvscan not found".  ls showed it there.  I suspect that what
is happening is that for some reason the xvscan binaries, which were built
on 4.x or 5.x RH/KRUD won't run on 7.0.  Thus the execve that the shell
performs on the executable fails right off.  At least that's what looks like
is going on when I ran strace.

Building xvscan from source worked fine though.  Anyone know what's going
on?  This means that my prebuilt binaries from previous versions won't run
on 7.0, doesn't it?

Thanks in advance,
Chip