[lug] Re: [co-sage] NFS clients for windows

Jeff Howell howeljs at segfault.stortek.com
Wed Nov 29 10:29:16 MST 2000

> Anders Knudsen wrote:
> >
> > On 28 Nov 2000, at 15:36, Atkinson, Chip wrote:
> >
> > > How about a Linux box that mounts all the NFS partitions and exports them
> > > via Samba? Then you'd only have to maintain Samba on one machine.

We do this very thing here on our enterprise network. Really no
performance issues. Users are validated via NIS and have dummy accounts
(shell=/dev/null) that just do authentication. The Samba servers are SUN
machines rather than linux PCs, but the are simply exporting NFS shares
off of our big NFS servers to the NT machines.
--
 Jeff Howell
 EDS Unix Support

  Linux Slackware: The Ultimate NT Service Pack