[lug] Re: [co-sage] NFS clients for windows

Ian Hall-Beyer manuka at nerdherd.net
Wed Nov 29 11:55:22 MST 2000

On Wed, 29 Nov 2000, Jeff Howell wrote:

One of the other problems I encountered with using SMB is
ownership/permissions issues. We have the same set of people working on
the same set of files via both NFS and via Windows - and permissions are
locked down pretty tight to a netgroup. Again, we run into the password
issue, on top of it, which is another reason we're looking at a commercial
solution.

-Ian

--

"The French language, which the French used to learn very well, did not
exist for the sake of conveying information, for communicating men's

				-- Allan Bloom
				   The Closing of The American Mind