[lug] Re: Bash While Loop Error

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Sat Dec 2 19:33:02 MST 2000

On Fri, Dec 01, 2000 at 09:58:47PM -0700, Tkil wrote:
>i didn't mean to be "putting down" c and c++.  it's just that you are
>assuming the responsibility for a lot more things when you go down to

I've programmed in C a very long time, Tkil describes it accurately.
I got sick of re-writing code, doing the same thing over and over
in C.  That's why I started looking at other languages like C++,
Java, Perl, and Python.  When I started the quest, C++ just wasn't
there.  Now with the STLs it's probably much better.

I find programming at a much higher level a lot more fun.
I want a string with 70 equal signs: '=' * 70...  I want an
array that automaticly sizes as I put stuff into it: []

I've been programming in C a fair bit recently, because of performance
reasons.  I'm looking at using glib, which includes automatically-allocated
strings (though not garbage collected), hashes, arrays, etc.  I was looking
at using C++ with STL, but I just am not that comfortable with C++.

Sean
--
 Bush supporters say that the president should be decided upon quickly.  If
 it's so important, why don't they concede?  They've lost the popular vote.