[lug] [ off topic ] looking for a good electronics store

Ryan Kirkpatrick linux at rkirkpat.net
Sun Dec 3 09:00:28 MST 2000

On Thu, 30 Nov 2000, Dan Radom wrote:

> Sorry for the OT post, but I'm new to the area, and I'm looking for a good
> electronics store.  Somewhere that sells cable, tools (multimeter type
> stuff), custom made cables, etc.  I'm in Broomfield.

	Might I suggest Jameco (www.jameco.com), an electronics/computer
components mail order house? I know they are not local (actually they are
in CA), but they have a very wide selection of components with good prices
and very good service. I have ordered from them a number of times over the
past few years for a number of school and personal electronics projects.
They offer USPS Priority Mail as a shipping option, which means that you
can get your order in 2-3 days at a minimum of shipping costs (esp. since
electronic components are often quite light weight).
	For one electronics project (building a single board computer from
scratch) I ordered about four printed pages work of components (too many
to count) via their web site, and the order was shipped within a couple of
hours. I had the components within a few days. Also, once I needed some
components ASAP, and ordered them one afternoon (around 1 PM PST) with
overnight shipping. I had them the next morning before 10AM, and shipping
was only $10 or so. :)
	So, while they are not local, they are the next best thing to
being local. Anyway, my two cents.

|   "For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain."                    |
|                                            --- Philippians 1:21 (KJV)   |
|   Ryan Kirkpatrick  |  Boulder, Colorado  |  http://www.rkirkpat.net/   |