[lug] Two time-related questions

Calvin Dodge caldodge at fpcc.net
Sun Dec 3 16:59:17 MST 2000

Mike McCallister wrote:

> 1) Is there any way for the KDE 1.2 clock to display seconds and/or is there
> another clock tool that will? I have a third-party toolbar in Windows that has

I dunno, but KDE 2.0's clock WILL display seconds.

Or you could run gkrellm, which does the same thing (as well as presenting a
cool "das blinkenlights" display of system stats).

> 2) Here I'm feeling really dumb, but I suspect somebody here knows what app
> (or process) to use to synch my clock with NIST's. I've connected to the FTP
> site, but I'm guessing all those .exes are for Windows. What do I do here?

ntpdate servername

(like "ntpdate time-nw.nist.gov")

You can set up xntp to do this automatically, but ntpdate works fine for me.

Calvin

--
Calvin Dodge
Certified Linux Bigot (tm)