[lug] Time synch fixed

Mike McCallister workingwriter at email.com
Mon Dec 4 21:33:01 MST 2000

Thanks to Calvin, Hugh and Deva for helping with the NIST synch issue.
Rdate/hwclock works beautifully (even exposed the fact that I was set for
Pacific time -- quickly fixed!). Since I only have a dialup connection, ntpdate
is a little bit of overkill, I suspect, and I don't really want to put it in
cron (I don't necessarily want to dialup every time I log in).

I'm going to have to look into gkrellm. I don't have it on my system, but it
sounds kinda cool.

Thanks again!

 --

Mike McCallister		"The fundamental obligation of a revolutionary
Boulder, CO			is to tell the truth;