[lug] International ISPs for Travelers

Ferdinand P. Schmid fschmid at archenergy.com
Tue Dec 5 12:13:10 MST 2000

I almost never use dial-up under Windows.  So my statement regarding Earthlink
was valid for Linux.  They do assign you a dynamic IP address, but that's it.
Everything else you can do as you please.  You can even ssh into dialed up
systems.  I had no problems initiating ssh connections from my laptop in Europe
to my systems in the US.  No proprietary software needed to connect, just plain
vanilla ppp on Linux.

Ferdinand