[lug] SLIP problems

Ferdinand Schmid fschmid at archenergy.com
Tue Dec 5 12:39:19 MST 2000

HI,
For a few weeks now I had a nice SLIP connection going on my laptop to
access the Internet via CDPD modem.  For some reason now things don't
work anymore.  I am not aware of making any changes.  When trying to set
up the slip connection manually and then using slattach I get the
following error:

/sbin/slattach -p slip -s 19200 /dev/ttyS2
SLIP_set_disc(1): Invalid argument

I can't find a single reference to this error message on the net.  I
have verified that my modem is online before bringing up the slip
interface.  Any suggestions or ideas as to what I am doing wrong here
would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ferdinand

--