[lug] Pre-Meeting food for next week

J. Wayde Allen wallen at lug.boulder.co.us
Thu Dec 7 09:52:05 MST 2000

On Thu, 7 Dec 2000, Ferdinand P. Schmid wrote:

> The mexican restaurant we went to before last month's meeting is already
> gone.  Now this same place is occupied by a Steakhouse.
> We now have about one week to figure out where to go before next Thursday's
> meeting (today in one week).
>
> I thought it may be a good idea to post this information early enough to
> allow for a possible change.  I didn't take the time to look at the
> "Flatirons Steakhouse" menu.

Yep, the stability of restaurants on that particular corner is very
poor.  I kind of wondered how long they were going to survive.  They were
selling psuedo-fast food burritos for about $6 with Taco Bell selling
burittos for $0.99 less than a block up the street.  Granted the $6
burrito was better and more food, but ...?  Oh well, it was good while it
lasted.  The new "Flatirons Steak House" is actually the same people, they
have just changed format to the traditional sit-down restaurant, and
up-dated their menu accordingly.

It looks to me like we are back to meeting at the Dark Horse.

- Wayde
  (wallen at lug.boulder.co.us)