[lug] partitions restore

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Thu Dec 7 13:37:04 MST 2000

badl at badl.office.globopolis.com wrote:

> hi,
> I rewrote my partitions and I don't remember the old ones.
> I need to find out old partitions range to safe the very important data.
> Can anybody help me with this? Does anybody know about utility which goes
> throw device and checks the data to get real partitions?
> thanks
>
> badl

That's a seriously difficult task. It's probably in the magnitude of
getting the NSA computers to play with it like a dictionary encryption
cracking algorithm, assuming you modified the actual partitions. If you
simply forgot which partition belongs to what, it is easy. Can you
explain what has occurred to change the partitions?