[lug] Re: Masq'ing w/ W9x Clients

John Karns jkarns at csd.net
Thu Dec 7 19:44:45 MST 2000

On Thu, 7 Dec 2000, John Karns uttered:

> After using a canned ipchains / masq scipt, I seem to be able to access
> www sites from a 2nd Linux box on the LAN.  I can also ping IP@'s from a
> W9x client, but I can't get name resolution, as web URL's given to
> Netscape on the W9x client won't resolve.

Nothing like answering your own mail!  I finally got it more or less
working - IP@ are now resolving.  However, I'm now faced with finding out
if I can a download assist application (called 'Reget') working.  It
evidently is hard-wired to the ppp interface or something.  I doubt that
it uses unconventional ports, as it's just a 'bot for automated ftp and
http DL's.